Sproutflix is dedicated to showcasing the best in films related to the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD).
Through innovative programming we hope to raise awareness and spark discussion about the concerns and achievements of individuals with I/DD. By presenting films of artistry and intellect, Sproutflix hopes to reinforce accurate portrayals of individuals within this community and expose the general public to important issues they face. The goal is an enjoyable and enlightening experience that will help breakdown stereotypes and promote a greater acceptance of differences and awareness of similarities.
Sproutflix was founded in 2003 and is programmed and supported by Sprout, a New York City based non-profit organization dedicated to bringing innovative programming to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Sproutflix hosts the largest and most diverse assortment of films featuring people with I/DD. Thank you for your interest in submitting your film.
Choose an option below to submit your film for consideration. Before you begin, please read the Rules & Regulations below.
Submissions for the Sprout Touring Film Festival are open!
Sproutflix: Rules and Regulations
In order to qualify for consideration entrants must comply with ALL of the following Rules and Eligibility Requirements. Failure to comply with these rules will render a submission ineligible:
- Submissions must feature a person with I/DD or be made by a filmmaker with I/DD. We do not accept films in which a non-disabled actor portrays a character with I/DD.
- You must submit a separate application for each project.
- All foreign language film submissions must have English subtitles.
- All lengths and genres are accepted.
- There is no restriction as to when the film was made.
- Submission and acceptance into Sproutflix indicates that Sprout has the right to use select images and clips in printed and digital materials.
All submissions must include the following:
- Applicants must either complete and sign the online application or email all application information to: email@example.com
- All applications must include a screener. Applicants can provide a link to the film or a digital download.
- There is no applications fee to submit a film.
The Sproutflix selection committee will select and invite films at their discretion. Everyone who submits a film will be contacted via email regarding acceptance into the festival.
For additional information and questions contact:
Anthony Di Salvo
Founder/ Executive Director
Film Program Consultant
Or call 212-222-9575