The Sprout Touring Film Festival is dedicated to showcasing the best in films related to the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD).
Through innovative programming we hope to raise awareness and spark discussion about the concerns and achievements of individuals with I/DD. By presenting films of artistry and intellect, the festival hopes to reinforce accurate portrayals of individuals within this community and expose the general public to important issues they face. The goal is an enjoyable and enlightening experience that will help breakdown stereotypes and promote a greater acceptance of differences and awareness of similarities.
The Sprout Film Festival was founded in 2003 and is programmed and supported by Sprout, a New York City based non-profit organization dedicated to bringing innovative programming to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Sprout Film Festival is the first and only festival to exclusively feature films related to I/DD. Thank you for your interest in submitting your film to the Sprout Touring Film Festival. Submissions for the Sprout Touring Film Festival are officially open. Choose an option below to submit your film for consideration. Before you begin, please read the Rules & Regulations below.
Submissions for the Sprout Touring Film Festival are open!
SPROUT TOURING FILM FESTIVAL (STFF): Rules and Regulations
In order to qualify for consideration into the
Sprout Touring Film Festival entrants must comply with ALL of the following Rules and Eligibility Requirements. Failure to comply with these rules will render a submission ineligible:
- Submissions must feature a person with I/DD or be made by a filmmaker with I/DD. We do not accept films in which a non-disabled actor portrays a character with I/DD.
- You must submit a separate application for each project.
- If you send in a signed application and your submission is accepted into the festival, you may not withdraw your application.
- All foreign language film submissions must have English subtitles.
- All lengths and genres are accepted.
- There is no restriction as to when the film was made.
- Submission and acceptance into the Sprout Film Festival indicates that Sprout has the right to use select images and clips in printed and digital materials.
- The Sprout Film Festival does not pay rental/ screener fees to filmmakers.
- The Sprout Film Festival does not accept responsibility for damaged or lost materials.
All submissions must include the following:
- Applicants must either complete and sign the online application, apply through FilmFreeway via, or mail all application materials to: Sprout Film Festival, 135 West 20TH Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10011 USA.
- All applications must include a screener. Applicants can provide a link to the film or a digital download. If DVDs are mailed, they must include a completed application. Unmarked DVD’s will not be eligible for consideration.
- The Sprout Film Festival does not cover shipping costs for filmmakers who choose to mail in application materials.
- All applications must include an entry fee. If you submitted a film to a past SFF we will waive the fee for new submissions
- $20 for films under 30 minutes
- $30 for films over 30 minutes
The film festival selection committee will select and invite films at their discretion. Everyone who submits a film will be contacted via email regarding acceptance into the festival.
Sprout Film Festival
135 West 20TH Street, 5th fl.
New York, NY 10011
For additional information and questions contact:
Anthony Di Salvo
Founder/ Executive Director
Film Program Consultant
Or call 212-222-9575