Sproutflix: Rules and Regulations
Sproutflix is dedicated exclusively to showcasing films related to the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Through innovative programming we hope to raise awareness and spark discussion about the concerns and achievements of individuals with I/DD. By presenting films of artistry and intellect, the festival hopes to reinforce accurate portrayals of individuals within this community and expose the general public to important issues they face. The goal is an enjoyable and enlightening experience that will help breakdown stereotypes and promote a greater acceptance of differences and awareness of similarities.
Sproutflix was founded in 2009 and is programmed and supported by Sprout, a New York City based non-profit organization dedicated to bringing innovative programming to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
In order to qualify for consideration into the Sproutflix catalogue entrants must comply with ALL of the following Rules and Eligibility Requirements. Failure to comply with these rules will render a submission ineligible:
- Submissions must feature a subject with an I/DD or be made by a filmmaker with an I/DD. We do not accept films in which an able-bodied actor portrays a character with an I/DD.
- Applicants must submit an individual application for each project they choose to submit.
- All foreign language film submissions must have English subtitles.
- All lengths and genres are accepted.
- There is no restriction as to when the film was made.
- Submission and acceptance into Sproutflix indicates the right to use select images and clips in printed and digital materials.
All submissions must include the following:
- Applicants must complete and sign the online application or by emailing all application info to: film@Sproutflix.org
- All applications must include a screener. Applicants can provide a link to the film or a digital download.
The Sproutflix selection committee will select and invite films at their discretion. Everyone who submits a film will be contacted via email regarding acceptance into the festival.